Please click here to read the article.
“T’was so good to be young then, to be close to the earth. Now the green leaves of summer, are calling me home…”.
And just like that, 50 years have elapsed, the boys that were invested under the stars are now in their sixties.
This year, we’ll come together once more, and rally around our flag again for the 50th Anniversary.
Thank you for being there, then and now.
The journey continues.
A digital, 90%+ accurate reproduction of the original Air Scout Troop flag that we designed, way back in 1967.
(image Edward Lam)
Only photo of the 3 first leaders together, in uniform.
Leo Chu ASM, David Chan TL, Bill Fang ASM.
With our 50th Anniversary coming up in 2017, re-connections going back to the first generation are being made, like mine with Edward Lam. So far 5 have been found 🙂
(images from Edward)
• Albert Chiu (’95 – Former Air Scout Troop SL) and I have been reaching out to Air Scouts alumni, they are all supportive and willing to contribute to this project.
• Launched an official website to promote the project
• To celebrate the golden jubilee of Air Scout Troop
• To document Troop’s history and achievements in the last 50 years
• To interview with Queen’s Scout Awardees and share their success
• To leverage this opportunity to raise funds for Fr Cunningham scholarship with the aim of recognising current outstanding members of AST and VASU
• To strengthen the bonding between alumni and current air scouts Continue reading